Subject: Re: Problems with current (1.6X) on vax?
To: None <Robertdkeys@aol.com>
From: Chris Wareham <chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/03/2003 09:38:13
Robertdkeys@aol.com wrote:
> Anyone know of any particular problems in using the current
> (last weekend's) build of 1.6X on the VAX?.... (other than the
> horribly broken sysinstall which seems to be broken on many
> platforms?)
>
> With sysinstall dumping all over itself more and more in recent
> builds I resorted to using 1.6Stable floppy for booting.  That seems
> to work OK, and you can trick it into loading 1.6X with no problem.

David Laight (sp?) has been doing a lot of work on sysinstall recently,
but I get the impression he's strictly an i386 man. I think he's based
reasonably local to me in Cambridge, UK, so I may offer him a loan of a
Vax if he's interested.

> Hooray to Ragge for finally getting a current build up!  Kudos!

Seconded. One of my Vaxen runs as a webserver (with a homebrewed minimal
httpd daemon), and another as a tape server, so I'm pleased to see the
continued work on NetBSD/Vax.

Chris
--
chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk (work)