Subject: Re: DWCTX-BX and AUI/10BaseT transciever sought
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
From: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/29/2003 17:49:08
> > possible, with cable that attaches to 15-pin AUI connector instead of
> > one-piiece rigid implementation that requires more space behind the box.
>
> The one-piece rigid implementation don't need any extra space. You just
> use a normal drop cable, as we all did in the old days... :-)

You mean a piece of cable to go between AUI port on VAX and that of
transciever ? It would only add to number of stuff required :) The
preference for flexible implementation (with cable hanging off the end
that goes to AUI port) is because of the fact that the box is very close
in front of a wall, as close as the external SCSI terminator would let
it be.

Blaz Antonic
--
Hi! I'm a signature virus!
Copy me into your signature to help me spread!