Subject: Re: largest disk in a vs4000/90
To: None <mrfusion@uranium.vaxpower.org, wonko@4amlunch.net>
From: None <Robertdkeys@aol.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/25/2003 15:52:42
Following the vax disk size thread....

I have a 4000 60 with no ram (i.e., only 8mb), and use that
as a drive formatter box.

While playing with 9 gig drives, it fails formatting them, and if
one looks carefully at the show dev bits, a 9 gig drive (typically
86xx mb in size) is revealed as a 500mb drive.  To me that looks
like the drive size counters are folding back around past 8mb to
0 and continuing.

Is this a vax drive size limit or just the prom formatter stupidity?
The 60 and 90 machines use T/UT 10 to get to the formatting menu.

I, too was hoping to stoke up a 90 with biggie drives.....(:+}}...
but dunno, now.....

Need input.... need input.....

Bob Keys