Subject: Re: largest disk in a vs4000/90
To: Antonio Carlini <arcarlini@iee.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/21/2003 16:00:40
On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 09:59:51PM +0100, Antonio Carlini wrote:

> Absolutely, although you'll have to deliberately arrange things
> such that the NetBSD boot will be obliged to pull most of its
> stuff out of a partition near the end of the disk.
>
> I don't know if that would be easier to arrange with NetBSD
> or OpenVMS.

NetBSD.  you don't have any control over "partitions" in VMS.
there are none.  every disk is one big disk (unless someone
knows how to deal with that)

> Be sure to let us know exactly which disk(s) you test - when they
> become cheap enough that people will just give them away I
> need to know so I can replace the 4 RZ29Bs in my own -90!

sounds like a plan, i'll let you all know how it goes!

-brian
--
"You know, evil comes in many forms, be it a man-eating cow or Joseph Stalin.
But you can't let the package hide the pudding. Evil is just plain bad! You