Subject: VAX Hardware Database
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Henry R. Bent <hbent@cs.oberlin.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/18/2003 03:07:11
Hi all,

I've begun the somewhat monstrous project of bringing the VAX Hardware Database
into 2003.  Right now I would guess I'm about 50-65% there.  I'm editing the
master "vax-data" file, as is suggested by the web pages.  You can take a look
at my (very!) preliminary changes so far at
http://occs.cs.oberlin.edu/~hbent/vax-data .

My questions:

1. I'm a total newbie to CVS, sourcefile submission, etc.  When I'm satisfied
enough with my results to get them on the web page, how should I go about doing
so?  Generating a diff seems almost silly given that I've overhauled major
portions of the file, but I'm not sure how else to start the process.

2. What's the status of VAX 64x0 support in -current?  Decent enough to say
"works in -current," or does it need a little while longer?

3. The VAXstation/MicroVAX 3100 M88.  I've been unable to find any decent
information on this machine.  If anyone owns one, running NetBSD or not, I'd
like to hear from you off-list.

4. How up to date is the port homepage?  When it says "untested" by a machine,
is that necessarily still true?

That's about all at the moment.  Once again, I'd like to stress that this is
very much a work in progress - if you don't see that I've added something to the
data file, just assume (for now) that I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Thanks in advance to everyone whose brain is being picked!

--
Henry Bent
hbent@cs.oberlin.edu