Subject: RE: Internal compuiler error
To: Antonio Carlini <arcarlini@iee.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/04/2003 21:08:31
On Fri, 4 Jul 2003, Antonio Carlini wrote:

> David Brownlee wrote:
> > 	There are a _few_ binary packages available for NetBSD/vax 1.6.1
> > 	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/1.6.1/vax/All/
> >
> > 	They tend to lag the release a little as it take some time to
> > 	get them all compiled :)
>
> Is it not possible to cross-compile for VAX on a faster machine?
> Not that I've ever tried this particular case, but crsoo-compiling
> is a way of life in the embedded world I inhabit and it would be
> good to have an x86 doing something worthwhile with its life :-)

	Software needs to be stup to be cross compiled - the NetBSD
	source tree is - you can build a complete NetBSD release for
	any architectures from more or less any POSIX compliant system.

	Most software is unfortunately not setup that way.
--
		David/absolute          -- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --