Subject: Re: Internal compuiler error
To: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/04/2003 14:22:37
On Fri, 4 Jul 2003, Blaz Antonic wrote:

> Hello,
>
> > > Johnny asked about texinfo ... gcc somehow depends on texinfo and
> > > texinfo cannot be built, ergo i can't try out gcc3 from pkgsrc. So no,
> > > it hasn't been fixed yet. Apparently more things were broken in pkgsrc
> > > recently, i couldn't compile icewm-1.2.7 (same version, quite old now
> > > BTW, compiled fine 2 months ago).
> >
> >         Can you compile it with 'CFLAGS=' to disable optimisation?
>
> Which one ?

	The gtexinfo and whatever else needed for gcc3. As it happens
	on -current gcc3 does not need any other packages installed,
	though I don't know if you really want to start playing with
	curent as well :)

>	        icewm did compile after i edited top level makefile to add
> --disable-xinerama. I should have disabled i18n too i believe because
> it's ivnoc icewm complains about and exits even though iconv appears to
> be working. But now it's so messed up after 1 pkg)delete i'm not sure
> how to get it back in order ... it is installed but not registered ...
> creepy. This pkgsrc is one giant mess of obsolete software.

	There is something very odd going on in the land of vaxen - I'm
	using pkgsrc on sparc & i386 without any of these problems :/

--
		David/absolute          -- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --