Subject: Mozilla pkgsrc for NetBSD/VAX
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/24/2003 10:47:02
Hello,

I thought it'd be cool to try a huge native build so i fecthed mozilla
1.3.1 pkgsrc package, built the packages it depends on and all, just to
come to a silly halt:

apparently macro _MD_INIT_CONTEXT hasn't been defined for the vax
platform; there are defines for various platforms in
pkgsrc/www/mozilla/work/mozilla/dist/include/nspr/md/_netbsd.h, namely
i386, powerpc, alpha, etc., but they are all different so i guess it's
not possible to just adopt one of them for Vax and hope it works.

The macro itself is a couple of lines of thread-related text; curiously
though it has been defined for m68k ... does anybody have a slightest
idea who'd know how to compise the few-liner for vax architecture ? Two
lines are common to all entries,

sigsetjmp(CONTEXT(_thread), 1);
and
*status = PR_TRUE;

the rest are similar, but not the same. If anybody happens to have a
clue pelase let me know :-)

Blaz Antonic
--
Hi! I'm a signature virus!
Copy me into your signature to help me spread!