Subject: Re: 1.6.1 compilation problem
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/15/2003 16:51:45
Hello,

> It bails out almost immediately after start with Fatal Error in subr.S
> line 597 "PIC reference to Sysmap is indirect". I never got this message
> on 3100 (with 1.6), my kernel config file is pretty straightforward
> (almost everything non-VS4k excluded).

Can some gnu as/VAX guru please tell me what the difference between

ashl    $9,*Sysmap[%r0],%r0;

and

ashl    $9,Sysmap[%r0],%r0;

is ? The former is output of gcc compiled kernel source(s) that comes
with 1.6.1 and cannot be assembled, assembler bails out with already
mentioned "PIC reference to Sysmap is indirect" error ? The latter is
not the output of compiler but at least assembler doesn't choke on it.

I can't possibly imagine that nobody has been able to build 1.6.1 VAX
kernel on 1.6.1 system so far and seeing how fresh-from-ftp installation
doesn't work is very frustrating.

Blaz Antonic
--
Hi! I'm a signature virus!
Copy me into your signature to help me spread!