Subject: Re: simh and NetBSD
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@uranium.vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/11/2003 16:02:46
i disagree with the contention that the model in unix is lame. To the
contrary, it is the minimum mechnism necessary to implement any other
model on top of it. You want multiple levels of privilege? the unix model
does allow something else to be built on top of it. You want no security
at all? just run everything as root. You want groups, acls, rings, and so
on? all can be implemented on top of the unix model.
Now, to say that it _can_ and to say that either it has ever been done,
or that it has ever been done _well_, that is a different story *grin*
isildur