Subject: Re: simh and NetBSD
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Felix Deichmann <f.dei@web.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/10/2003 07:39:26
Brian Hechinger wrote:
> what sort of performance has anyone seen with running NetBSD on a simh instance
> on a pc?  or is there a better way to get NetBSD on a machine that's actually
> running windows?  (win2k isn't terrible, and i have yet to replace all the
> things i need with a NetBSD version  (Outlook being the main one)

BTW, I'm having problems running SIMH 2.10-4 under NetBSD. I can attach
the XQ driver to an Ethernet device (like tlp0), but when for example
TCPIP 5.3 tries to init the QE virtual (?) device, it hangs and outputs
an error message afer some minutes. This is not the case with the
pkgsrc-SIMH :-)

Anyone experiencing the same problems?

TIA

Felix