Subject: Re: KFQSA problem
To: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Lyle Bickley <lbickley@bickleywest.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/04/2003 11:44:32
In order for your system to "see" the board, you must insure that none of it's
addresses conflict with existing QBUS boards.

As I suggested in a previous Email, QBUS Vaxes have a "configure" command
which can be used at the PROM prompt.

Type "configure", then "help" and you will get a list of devices that VAX is
"familiar" with.  Then type: device,# for each device on the QBUS.  When you
type "exit", you will be "told" what addresses to set each QBUS board in your
system.

I do this for running OpenVMS and it has always worked well.  When I'm using a
board which is not known by "configure", I merely use configure to do all the
known boards, and then make sure whatever other board I am using does not
conflict.

"configure" does not deal with "memory" issues - so you have to manually
insure that any QBUS board's memory does not conflict (overlap) with another
QBUS board.

Cheers,
Lyle

--