Subject: Re: KFQSA problem
To: M J Dowden <mjdowden@panix.com>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@maja.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/04/2003 15:24:48
On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 08:31:45AM -0400, M J Dowden wrote:

>     I was hoping to boot from a CD and use it to install NetBSD onto
> an RF72. I'd use the RF72 as the boot disk from that point on.
Ewww. I am not sure if the combination of CMD SCSI, CDROM and NetBSD
will be bootable. I would try to configure the CDROM as the first MSCP
device (CSR 0172150) and boot NetBSD of it. (With the KFQSA removed)
If this works, you can go on. You would have to configure the DSSI
disk on the KFQSA to CSR 0160334. Only this CSRs are supported by the
GENERIC Kernel.

>     Would I do that from the console or from the MMJ jack on the CMD card?
I don't know how the CMD SCSI thing works. Consult your manual. ;-)

>     I assume that I'd do that by entering
> and then "clearing" each item, correct?
Yes. Keep in mind that you have to flip some DIP switches on the KFQSA
to get it into maintenance mode.
--

tschüß,
         Jochen