Subject: Re: SCSI CD-ROM on Vax
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Wilson <wilson@dbit.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/01/2003 01:41:22
From: "J. Buck Caldwell" <buckaroo@liveround.com>

>Hmm.. well, I'm getting farther. If I boot it with a CD in the drive, it
>seems to work, and shows it as a RRD40. Any reason why it won't show up
>properly without a CD in the drive?

Absolutely wild-ass guess:  on the CDU-720/M at least, the I/O commands
incorrectly give ST.OFL when the drive exists but is offline, instead of
the correct ST.AVL.  Dunno if this is the same in other CMD controllers.
But anyway, if so maybe the driver might be getting the wrong idea?

Another really stupid question:  this is a 512-b/s-capable drive right?
I don't think the CMD controllers can reblock regular CD-ROM drives properly
(at least, my CQD-223 doesn't like it when I put a 2048 b/s 640 MB disk in
my Fuji Dynamo, but 540 MB and down work fine).

John Wilson
D Bit