Subject: Re: Unexpected problems, part 2
To: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
From: Brian Chase <vaxzilla@jarai.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/20/2003 08:53:14
On Tue, 20 May 2003, Blaz Antonic wrote:

> Unfortunately not :( If you happen to know about a VS 4k/90/A/96, uVax
> 3100 or VAX 4000 with NVAX CPU (= something with best crunshing power
> and enclosure of dimensions i can still fit in my cubicle that i call
> room) in continental Europe please let me know. Unlike in the US these
> were not abundant over here, i traced one that is still being used but
> it will depart for some former Yugoslavian republic after they decide to
> throw it out .. as if they needed a Vaxstation down there, i bet i'll
> end up on a junkyard.

You might try getting in touch with Varga Ákos Endre to see if he has
any spare machines, or pointers to locations where they might be found.
He's in Hungary, and seems to have (or have had) access to a number of
old VAX and Soviet VAX clone systems.

  <http://www.telnet.hu/hamster/english.html>
  <http://www.telnet.hu/hamster/oldiron/e_vaxen.html>

His machines are more of the "requires a forklift" variety.

-brian.