Subject: Re: Unexpected problems, part 2
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@maja.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/20/2003 13:17:13
On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 11:42:30AM +0200, Johnny Billquist wrote:

> Real VAXen don't put the OS on hold while you play with the front-end...
> The OS keep running alongside the FE operations. :-)
Well, I know a machine where the OS runs (mostly) on the peripheral
channel processors. The main CPU is used for computational tasks only.

> Oh, and yes. I'm running NetBSD/vax on a VAX 8650.
I would like to say "that's cool", but I know that the VAX 8650 is a
"11/780 in ECL", so this is hot, not cool. ;-)
Does it still have a PDP-11 as console processor or a MivroVAX II?
I have somthing in my mind the early VAXen had PDP-11/03 or PRO3xx
as FEP and the later MV II FEPs.
--

tschüß,
         Jochen