Subject: Re: Unexpected problems, part 2
To: Brian Chase <vaxzilla@jarai.org>
From: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/19/2003 20:22:08
Hello,

> Another option is to leave the serial cable disconnected until you
> need it.  That does require some error prone "human intervention" steps
> to come into play to work.   The next time this happens, try entering
> the CONTINUE command at the >>> prompt to see if things pick up from
> where they were before the halt.

To answer this, i tried to CONTINUE and it picked up where it stopped,
including telnet session ... i'm kinda puzzled as to how this could ever
work :) I stopped it again during make install for tk just to try this
CONTINUE thingy :)

Another question i thought of, at the risk of sounding silly: is this
break to console thing handled by some interrupt or something ?
Shouldn't OS be able to hook that interrupt and prevent this behavior if
that is the case ?

And last one for today: there is a VS 4k/90a on eBay with zero bids;
assuming reserve = minimum bid it would cost me ~$170-200 shipped, is
that a reasonable price for stripped box like that ?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2729504980&category=162

Blaz Antonic