Subject: Re: Unexpected problems, part 2
To: None <blaz.antonic@siol.net, port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/19/2003 11:31:32
At 09:42 AM 5/19/03 -0700, Blaz Antonic wrote:
>I tried it today: turned my VS on, had it boot, logged in via puttytel,
>turned on the PC that serves as serial console and BAM!, there it HLTed
>again .. So good part is i now know what's causing this problem.

You know your VAX is fine. That is a good thing.

You need a different way to talk to the serial console. The simplest is to
find a terminal server on Ebay or in a dumpster somewhere and hook it up to
tha VAX. Some of the DEC Server 200's have gone for $1.99 on Ebay so they
are not an outrageous solution. Even without telnet you can connect your PC
to the DECserver 200, and the DECserver 200 to the VAX, and then connect to
the VAXes console when you need to using the same lame terminal program on
the PC. :-)

--Chuck