Subject: Re: stray interrupt: vector 0x18, ipl 31 on VAX boot
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: M J Dowden <mjdowden@panix.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/19/2003 09:23:48
At 5:34 PM +0200 5/18/2003, <ragge@ludd.luth.se> wrote:
>  >
>  >      I think you are mistaken. I routinely type "boot dua0" to get my
>  > VAX 4000 to boot the default kernel from the SCSI hard disk (dua0,
>  > which it sees as an RA90). I need to type that because I have
>  > specified a tape drive that has no tape in it as the default boot
>  > device ("set boot") to prevent the machine from auto-booting whenever
>  > it is powered up.
>  >
>I'm quite sure I'm not mistaken, I wrote the boot program :-)
>You may type "boot dua0" but not at the boot program prompt in that
>case, you type it at the >>> prompt where it makes sense.

     Isn't that what the original poster was referring to? His post
included a power up self-test, followed by a show memory command (sho
mem), a show devices (sho dev) command and its output, and then a
boot command that he typed at a VAX boot prompt (>>>).

--
M J Dowden <mjdowden@panix.com>
PGP key: <http://www.panix.com/~mjdowden/keys.shtml>