Subject: Re: Unexpected problems, part 2
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/19/2003 09:42:29
Hello,

> > Sometimes a break or framing error will cause a halt.
> > When you say you hooked up a serial console does that
> > mean it was running without a cable ? Had you turned
> > off the terminal or rebooted the pc that is the
> > console ? I seem to remember that you can change this
> > behavior with a console command.
>
> IIRC:

I tried it today: turned my VS on, had it boot, logged in via puttytel,
turned on the PC that serves as serial console and BAM!, there it HLTed
again .. So good part is i now know what's causing this problem. The bad
part is that my VS3100/m38 doesn't understand "set controlp" command,
it's not listed in output of help either.

If i understand correctly the PC sends a break when it boots up (powers
up, it didn't happen when it was just rebooting) and this makes my Vax
crash back to console prompt. Cable is ALWAYS attached to the PC and it
is rebooted (or started) every now and then, asynchronously with what
happens to Vax. So the only way around this problem is not to have PC
power up while Vax is running the OS (i hate 1 GB filesystem checks) ?

Blaz Antonic