Subject: Re: stray interrupt: vector 0x18, ipl 31 on VAX boot
To: Lyle Bickley <lbickley@bickleywest.com>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/18/2003 09:18:36
I don't believe the UC07 writes any MSCP parameters to the disk so it
should work. IIRC, some of the earlier CMD SCSI controllers wrote into
block 0 the parameters that you told it during config. Also the UC07 likes
to know which SCSI targets are CD-ROMs vs those that are r/w disks but I
don't believe you have to tell it that.

On an unrelated note, once the CD booted on the KZQSA, were you going to
install on to disks also attached to the KZQSA? The DSSI controllers are
not supported.

--Chuck