Subject: How to get NetBSD up on 4000 108 box?????
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <Robertdkeys@aol.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/29/2003 16:14:30
I am trying to get NetBSD up on a 4000 108 box.  The box
seems to be configured with the DSSI-scsi converters so
that internally it has a scsi bus.  Show dev indicates a
DKA400 cdrom, but I can't seem to find the id=0 scsi
drive, unless it is showing up as DIB3000 on the dssi
controller.

1.  What versions of NetBSD run on this machine?
     I don't get 1.6.1 do do anything but pick up the
     initial boot sector off the cdrom.  That would tend
     to indicate that current should be used.  Which
     available current snaps will work with this box?
     I have 1.6L and 1.6P.

2.   IF I write a bootable drive on a 4000/60, for example,
      and transfer that over to the 4000 108, what is the
      correct incantation to get it to boot, and are there
      any strange things to fix up in /etc?  I have a 1.6L
      I could  clone or maybe I could run up a 1.6P snap.
      I just need to get the boot incantations correct, from
      what I can tell.

3.  Any other strangenesses I should be aware of on a
     4000 108 class machine?

Thanks

Bob Keys