Subject: Re: Installer crashing at end of install....
To: None <Robertdkeys@aol.com>
From: Chris Wareham <chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/25/2003 08:30:04
Robertdkeys@aol.com wrote:
> Whilst installing the 1.6.1 suite on some VAXentoyz, I ran
> into a problem of the installer crashing at the end of the
> install with fs full errors.  Since everything was already
> installed, a sync;sync;halt seemed to cure the problem.
> Reboot seems to be fine.  Are there any other things to
> look out for after the installer crash?

I had the same happen to me when I installed 1.6.1 on a Sun SparcStation
5. I assumed it was a glitch, rebooted and found the install had
completed fine. So this appears to be a non-Vax specific problem. If my
memory serves me well, the filesystem it was complaining about was an
mfs one - am I correct in thinking this is some in-core filesystem used
by the installer?

Chris
--
chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk (work)