Subject: Re: NS638 RAM
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/26/2003 15:06:20
On Wednesday, March 26, 2003, at 10:23 AM, John Wilson wrote:
>> Ahhh I love RK07s.  I hope to own one again someday.
>
> Easily arranged!  I have two complete ones and one for parts, which I
> would
> be *very* happy to give away to a good home (along with packs
> a-plenty).
> They're in Troy, NY, USA, so shipping/pickup would have to be arranged
> from
> there.  Somewhere in the mess I must still have my good RK611 too, I'd
> include that.  I've definitely seen my old fried RK611 recently but
> that
> doesn't really help...

   Oh YES! 8-)  I won't be able to arrange pickup for a bit...can you
sit on these for me for a little while?  Just a little short of cash
right now, and a truck rental froM NY to FL will hurt.  I would *love*
to get my grubby paws on these drives.  RK07s rock.

> Yeah, I had to do something similar with my second 11/34a (since the
> space
> with the good wiring was already taken).  When I had the RK07s set up
> though,
> I just made an adapter which plugged into a 220V dryer outlet and put
> the
> 11/34a's twist lock on one leg and the regular 15A outlets for the two
> RK07s
> (JAKE: and ELWOOD:) on the other.  The machine was in a laundry room
> anyway,
> and we had no washer/dryer, so that outlet was there plus the nice
> water
> pipes for grounding.

   Lucky dog! ;)  My grandmother wouldn't let me steal power from the
dryer.  Hey, I was in high school, and she was paying the power bill,
so I had to at least TRY to not let the machine take over the
apartment. :-)

         -Dave