Subject: Re: NS638 RAM
To: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@maja.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/26/2003 12:03:59
On Wed, 26 Mar 2003, Jochen Kunz wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 02:18:33AM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
>
> >   Ahhh I love RK07s.

I hate RK07s... :-)

> [...]
> Yes, looks nice besids all that corrosion. Fortunately power is not
> a big problem in europe with 230 V (Twice the power per Ampere) and
> three phase in every house hold. I am very happy to own it. It is my
> first and only UniBus machine and my first and only disk drive with
> removable disk packs. I hope I can get them back to work.

What is? The R07 is not a machine, and neither the 8200 or 8300 is Unibus
machines. You can stick a Unibus adapter on them, though.
Hmm, maybe that 11/34 you mention further down...

> Unfortunately shipping costs are prohibitive. But I would jump on
> that VAX 11/750 deal in Florida in less than a second if it where
> local to me.
>
> But a 11/730 would be nice too. Would fit in a rack together with
> the PDP-11/34A.

If you come by Sweden, I'll give you an 11/730.

> > >BTW: Is it sick if you by a sandblast unit to repair a computer? ;-)
> >   Maybe a little. ;)
> The RK07 and the PDP-11/34A where stored in a damp garage for some
> years. Rust and corrosion everywhere. Not much, but all over the
> whole ting some brown spots here and there. Thats the reason for
> that sandblast unit...

Yuck. Corrosion is not a good thing with computers.

	Johnny