Subject: Re: NS638 RAM
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@maja.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/26/2003 12:12:59
On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 02:18:33AM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   I have an 8350.
Wouldn't it be easier if you write what machines you _don't_ own
instead if writing what you own? ;-)
Did you (Brian) ever try to run NetBSD/VAX on that 8350 with SMP?

>   Ahhh I love RK07s.
[...]
Yes, looks nice besids all that corrosion. Fortunately power is not
a big problem in europe with 230 V (Twice the power per Ampere) and
three phase in every house hold. I am very happy to own it. It is my
first and only UniBus machine and my first and only disk drive with
removable disk packs. I hope I can get them back to work.

Unfortunately shipping costs are prohibitive. But I would jump on
that VAX 11/750 deal in Florida in less than a second if it where
local to me.

But a 11/730 would be nice too. Would fit in a rack together with
the PDP-11/34A.

> >BTW: Is it sick if you by a sandblast unit to repair a computer? ;-)
>   Maybe a little. ;)
The RK07 and the PDP-11/34A where stored in a damp garage for some
years. Rust and corrosion everywhere. Not much, but all over the
whole ting some brown spots here and there. Thats the reason for
that sandblast unit...
--

tschüß,
         Jochen