Subject: Re: NS638 RAM
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org,>
From: Megan <mbg@TheWorld.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/25/2003 16:55:25
>Along time ago I think I recall a briefcase 11/73 made
>by a third party (not dec) you could use it with your
>silent 700 thermal printing terminal also briefcase
>size. Not sure why that memory came now, but do
>remember I wanted one bad enough to assemble my own
>version from a dual height 11/73

There was a briefcase-sized system (with 5" VT100 monitor
and flip-down membrane keyboard) made by DEC.  It was meant
to be used by field service in diagnosing qbus -11s and
vaxen, but it was (from what I understand) too heavy at
30 lbs so it never made it past the proto stage.  I have
one of them.  It came originally with an 11/2 but I
upgraded it years ago to an 11/73.  It uses TU58s as
the system device.

There was also a third party product which was a suitcase
sized machine.  I have one of those as well, but I don't
know if it originally came with an 11/73 in it (in fact, I
haven't checked out what is in it).

					Megan Gentry
					Former RT-11 Developer

| Megan Gentry, EMT/B, PP-ASEL   | email: mbg at world.std.com         |
| "this space                    |             (s/ at /@/)             |
|  unavoidably left blank"       | URL:     http://world.std.com/~mbg/ |
|                                | "pdp-11 programmer - some assembler |
|                  (DEC '77-'98) |  required." - mbg            KB1FCA |