Subject: Re: Digital Drivers
To: Michael Kukat <michael@bsdfans.org>
From: Anders Hogrelius <ahs@hogrelius.nu>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/24/2003 09:09:42
> On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 wysoft@extremecode.org wrote:
> > I see that the drive has no resistor packs installed, so it's not able to
> > terminate itself. The VAX internal SCSI cable isn't terminated in any way, is
> > it? It doesn't look like it.

Depending on where on the SCSI chain the disk is, it might not need any
resistors. Only, and only the last disk should be terminated. You can get
a lot of strange problems if more than one has terminating resistors.

--
cheers,

/Anders

Those who hate and fight must stop themselves -- otherwise it is not
stopped.
		-- Spock, "Day of the Dove", stardate unknown

* Anders Hogrelius       Phone : +46 (0)70 6770210
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail: anders@hogrelius.nu
* SE-72216 Vasteras      Web:    http://www.hogrelius.nu/~ahs/
* SWEDEN