Subject: Broken boot?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/20/2003 03:32:47
Hi,

I've done two builds of the entire system (release) in the past few
months, and I've noticed that in both instances, I've ended up with broken
boot files.I'm talking about the boot file in / which loads the kernel.

In both instances, I've mop booted an install kernel and ftp'd a boot file
from NetBSD 1.6's base.tgz, and this has fixed it in both instances.

The one from NetBSD 1.6 is 65252 bytes; one built on 29-Jan was 65208
bytes, and one built 12-March was 65620 bytes.

Note that the trees were straight from netbsd-1-6, and they were built
with no problems and no optimisations.

Has anyone else tried to boot a recently built boot?

Thanks,
John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs