Subject: Re: Problem reports.
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
From: Michael Schneider <ms@vaxcluster.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/17/2003 20:23:40
On Mon, 2003-03-17 at 20:05, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> On 17 Mar 2003, Michael Schneider wrote:
>
> > And while we're at it: What about #19028 ?
>
> I've seen this happen once or twice on my 3600, but it's always worked if
> I rebooted the machine.

Yes, this is true: rebooting helps in half of the cases

> I have always suspected it to become hung because I do some input before
> the console is properly set up, but I really don't know.

I have the impression that it might happen more often on a loaded
machine.

> Is it still a problem, and do you have a solution?

It is still a problem. My "solution" is to put a
	mptr(GC_RIE, PR_RXCS);

very early in function gencnopen(). This is not multi-processor-proof,
but seems to work very reliably.

To my suprise, i must say...

regards
ms