Subject: Re: Telnet to serial port
To: Felix Deichmann <f.dei@web.de>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@bsdfans.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/14/2003 18:08:36
Hi !

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Felix Deichmann wrote:
> I want to telnet to the console serial port of a VAX.
> So I try to setup a NetBSD computer which opens a pseudo telnet server and redirects the input to its serial port, which is finally connected to the VAX' console serial port, and vice versa:
>
> VAX|Serial port <---> Serial Port|NetBSD computer|Telnet server <---> Telnet Client

There is some official "terminalserver" software for this, but i don't remeber the name. Besides this, try:

cu -l /dev/ttyC0

in inetd. This also offers you all the nifty features like break an so. Also
see cu(1). Nu guarantee, just a guess, that this might work.

...Michael

--
http://www.unixiron.org/    Home Powered by: (Net|Open|Free)BSD IRIX NonStop-UX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX