Subject: Re: Observations on NetBSD VAX on old machines.....
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Wilson <wilson@dbit.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/10/2003 12:21:26
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>

>Ah, perhaps the KA630 experience my memory is relying on was before 8M
>boards, or we just didn't have any, or something.  Or perhaps I'm just
>plain misremembering; it _was_ a long time ago.

I have a very dim recollection from back when my dad got his KA630 (and I
started hungrily waiting for the day when they were obsolete and I could
afford one -- I love the way things like that come true), that he was
specifically told that if you want more than 9 MB you had to use aftermarket
RAM because DEC wasn't making anything more than 4 MB (yet, anyway) per board
and the limit was two boards.  This seems to fit your data...

John Wilson
D Bit