Subject: Re: More on 3-board KA630
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/09/2003 23:35:09
> i don't think a ka630 will ever access more than two memory boards,
> no matter how you cut the ribbon cable or what kind of backplane you
> put it in.  at least, that was my experience at decwrl.

This is getting very interesting.  I got an off-list note from someone
saying he[%] can confirm that a KA630 can work with three RAM boards.

[%] A guess, based on the first name in the headers and sig.

The more I look at it the more I'm coming to the conclusion that there
_must_ be a CPU baord version difference involved, especially with
different people speaking from personal experience saying directly
contradictory things.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign