Subject: Re: DSSI cabling on MV3300
To: Kevin D. Ogden <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/07/2003 09:54:28
Ebay generally will have them for less than $500, look for the two diagonal
screw knobs as your clue that it is what you want. For the 3300 the one you
want will have a right angle connector on one end and a straight-in
connector on the other. Many DSSI-DSSI cables are right angle to right
angle (which you could use but it looks weird on the storageworks shelf.

I haven't tried a 68pin SCSI cable, I don't believe the connectors are
actually compatible. But would love to be proven wrong on this.

Also to run NetBSD on the 3300 you will want to get your hands on a KFQSA
card, this talks MSCP on the Q-bus (supported) and DSSI to the drives.
NetBSD doesn't yet support the on-board DSSI interfaces.

--Chuck