Subject: RE: VS2000 db50 external drive cable --- can old sun3 cable be used?
To: None <Robertdkeys@aol.com>
From: Antonio Carlini <arcarlini@iee.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/06/2003 00:47:22
> cable is a db50 based thing that connects the cpu with the=20
> external drive.  I do not have the actual DEC cable, but I do=20
> have a sun 3 cable that appears to be the same connectors and=20
> probably the same basic 50 pin cable.  DOES ANYONE KNOW one=20
> way or the other whether or not this sun 3 vme scsi  cable=20
> can sub in a satisfactory manner for the DEC mfm external drive cable?

All I can see from a quick browse of the UV/VS2K Tech Manual is
that the cable you want is a BC17Y. I cannot find anything that
documents exactly what the external pinouts are but I didn't look that
hard.
If you want to browse yourself, the manual is at:
   http://208.190.133.201/decimages/moremanuals.htm

It's probably a straight through cable, but I don't have
one to look at myslef so I cannot say for sure!

Antonio

=20
--=20

Antonio Carlini             arcarlini@iee.org