Subject: Re: VS2000 db50 external drive cable --- can old sun3 cable be used?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/05/2003 21:24:27
> (Actually, at 0.9 vup, it will be similar to a KA630, from what I can
> tell, and not as slow as an 11/750 or 11/730).

Actually, in my (admittedly limited) experience, a KA630 is something
like ten to twenty percent faster than an 11/780, which latter I
thought was the definition of 1 VUP.  Of course, given the numerous
other differences between the systems in question, it's hard to say
what is actually responsible for the difference, but it certainly was a
very real difference.

However, I've also used 750s, and other things being comparable, I
agree that a KA630 machine will be significantly faster than a 750 (and
even more so than a 730).

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign