Subject: Re: VS2000 db50 external drive cable --- can old sun3 cable be used?
To: None <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com, port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <Robertdkeys@aol.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/05/2003 21:00:13
OK, if it will talk to other devices, I could keep the dua0
and dua1 mfm drives, and maybe add a dua2 and dua3
as a stack of say the 300mb rz55's or whatever?  Would
that work?  That would make a neat stack of 5 boxes,
for sure....(:+}}...  Which version of NetBSD is known
to work that way?  Memory seems to suggest that there
were some versions that lost mfm capability, and that
the generic kernel may not have the vs2000 hdc* as
defaults.  I will have to check the generic to make sure
of that.  Maybe I will have to config up a special kernel.

Anyone actually running an MV/VS2000 crate with
NetBSD?  If so, holler up and let me know what and
how.

Thanks

Bob Keys