Subject: VS2000 db50 external drive cable --- can old sun3 cable be used?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <Robertdkeys@aol.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/05/2003 18:24:17
Fortune, and a single buckeroo de realme chanced upon me
a genuine VS2000 critter with external drive cabinet.  It appears
the internal and external drives are RD54's.  The cable is a db50
based thing that connects the cpu with the external drive.  I do
not have the actual DEC cable, but I do have a sun 3 cable
that appears to be the same connectors and probably the same
basic 50 pin cable.  DOES ANYONE KNOW one way or the
other whether or not this sun 3 vme scsi  cable can sub in a
satisfactory manner for the DEC mfm external drive cable?

Does NetBSD VAX work correctly on a VS2000 graphics head
so that at least text mode will run on an old mono VR262 or
equivalent monitor?

Thanks

Bob Keys

(any other oddities I should know about the VS2000 before firing
  it up?)