Subject: Re: ?04 ISP ERR
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/22/2003 17:22:53
On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 10:24:40AM +0100, ragge@ludd.luth.se wrote:

> It's usually not the hardware, it's something that overflows the
> interrupt stack,
Sure. I don't think that broken hardware can overflow the interrupt stack.
But without knowing to what this error is related, it can be everything.
A broken kernel is easy to replace, a broken CPU not.

> linke an interrupt routine that does something bad or so :-)
Reminds me... ;-)

> You have to hexdump the stack and match the stackframes against the call
> frames manually. Boring but not especially difficult, I do it all the
> time :-) Like this:
Ahhh, no - thanks. It is some time ago that I had to do things like
dissassembling by "hand". I don't wane do it again without urgend need. ;-)
--

tschüß,
          Jochen

Homepage: http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz