Subject: Re: Trouble building current toolchain.
To: None <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/22/2003 13:15:09
On Sat, 22 Feb 2003 ragge@ludd.luth.se wrote:

> > > Setting __USER_LABEL_PREFIX__ to an empty string is correct, but there is
> > > an underlying problem that causes this not to fail when cross-compiling,
> > > which I haven't even tried to find yet...
> >
> > That is pretty obvious. The cross-compilation gcc have
> > __USER_LABEL_PREFIX__ set to a null string.
> >
> Yes, of course, but why? It shouldn't have anything different from
> the native gcc.

Oh, really? You're building a gcc that runs on another platform, it just
generates object code for the vax.
There is probably a number of places where gcc differs from the native
version.
But I do agree that it *should* not, but it don't help that it in theory
should be the same, because it isn't.

	Johnny