Subject: Re: Trouble building current toolchain.
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/22/2003 10:07:39
On 2003.02.21 23:56 Johnny Billquist wrote:

> I reported this over a month ago, I believe. Not many seemed to give a
> darn, though. :-)
Ahh, now I remember.=20

> The problem is that GCC on VAX defines __USER_LABEL_PREFIX__ to "_" on
> VAX, but to a null string on other platforms.
>=20
> The quick fix is to change the macro in libintl.h to not use
> __USER_LABEL_PREFIX__, but we really should fix gcc.
> I've looked at it, and I thought I had found it, but so far I've
> failed to correct gcc.
Nice to see that you got further than I in locating the error. I hope
you can find it.=20

My next thing to investigate on NetBSD/VAX is the bug in tcpdump /
libpcap that causes core dumps of tcpdump when using some common filter
expressions like "host foo"...=20
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
         Jochen