Subject: Re: CMD qbus scsi issues
To: None <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com, mrfusion@uranium.vaxpower.org,>
From: None <Robertdkeys@aol.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/18/2003 12:14:10
I don't have a KA655 handy.  The rom revision on the KA650 is 5.6, which has
a full set of commands like show dev, etc.  My other KA650 is a very early one
with no commands except for what is in the KA630 rom.  I believe that its rom
revision level is something like 1.2 or close to that.  Strange board that
one.
I can try swapping the early boardset in and see if that does anything.  I was
thinking that the later boardset/rom was the best one to use.  If I get some
time,
I may try swapping the board into my 4000/200 and seeing if it can recognize
drives at that speed.  Alas, when it crashed, it totally trashed my usr fs on
the
affected system, so it will take a day or so to rebuild it enough to get it
onto more
than its surviving root fs.  Ed is your true friend when all you have left is
your root