Subject: RE: Linux-VAX-- What happened to it?
To: None <linux-vax@solar.physics.montana.edu>
From: Gregg C Levine <hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/13/2003 18:09:48
Hello from Gregg C Levine
Now that I've subscribed, we can continue my problems on the Linux-Vax
list, and if need be carbon copy the port-vax list for NetBSD updated.
This counts. And if they are curious.

Now then... I've downloaded the kernel code from the CVS for
Linux-Vax. That was downloaded without a problem to my local setup.
But when I started downloaded the current source code for the
tool-chain, it, ah, aborted. At first it claimed that it was reset by
peer, then it gave me an EOF message. There was a problem while
attempting to build a kernel from that source code, but nothing major.
I'll figure it out. However, regarding that tool-chain issue, I am
going to try it again, and then I'll post a script file that explains
my problems, if any. That will be in the form of another e-mail
message or if its too long then as a web page. I am also going to
download the kernel-2.4 set, and try that. Also, can I use the current
tool-chain to build my kernels, if I can't get the one from CVS to
build?

My next problem is configuring SIMH to boot from that kernel via the
MOP protocols. Any suggestions? As always I can be reached via the
e-mail addresses in this one, or the one that I'll add to my
signature.
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net (Work, not really Linux
related.)
Gregg C Levine drwho8@worldnet.att.net           (Work, Linux related.
)
"Use the Force, Luke."=A0 Obi-Wan Kenobi