Subject: Re: Diagnostic LEDs on VAXstation 4000 VLC?
To: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: Brian Chase <vaxzilla@jarai.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/10/2003 09:02:01
On Sun, 9 Feb 2003, Chuck McManis wrote:
> At 09:05 PM 2/9/2003 -0800, Brian Chase wrote:

> > The 1111 "state" of LEDs 7-4 seems to indicate it in the POST as you
> > mentioned.  At the bottom of the page, there's a table of "substate"
> > values; the table shows the 1101 "substate" corresponding to the "NVR"
> > subsystem.
>
> If that's the case then it is the TOY clock. Try swapping the Dallas
> timekeeper clock (its the only socketed "tall" IC in there.)

Sadly, that's not it either.  I've been able to confirm that the PROMs
in the VS4000/VLC are UV eraseable EPROMs, so they're not subject to
problems that happened with the 90 and 90A.  It's probably something
non-trivial and certainly unrelated to NetBSD/vax, so I've taken the
discussion over to the classiccmp list.

Thanks to all here for the suggestions and information!

-brian.