Subject: Re: Diagnostic LEDs on VAXstation 4000 VLC?
To: Brian Chase <vaxzilla@jarai.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/09/2003 19:06:10
Well this is a good news bad news kind of story.

The good news is that the VLC firmware is in EPROM and is not electrically
reprogammable without removing the chips and putting them into a programmer.

The bad news however is that all lights on 7-4 means a main board POST
error. My suggestion would be to try pulling memory simms to see if you can
get a minimal system alive. If that doesn't have any effect (it won't
unless the first SIMM is bad) then the next candidate is that your power
supply isn't supplying all of the correct values.

--Chuck