Subject: Re: 3100 M76 ram problems... how to test?
To: None <Robertdkeys@aol.com>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@uranium.vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/31/2003 09:50:24
heh, this reminds me of a (possibly folkloric) story i heard years ago
about an FSE coming out on a call for a DECstation. after puzzling over
the machine for a while, he picks it up a couple feet, and drops it flat back
down. The machine works. On the write-up of the work order, the service
is described as 'simultaneous re-seating of socketed chips' or something to
that effect.. i heard the story as if it happened at the uni i went to,
but itmight be just folklore..

isildur