Subject: CQD-223 was RE: uVAX 2000 and RD54
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck Dickman <chd_1@nktelco.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/27/2003 17:49:53
From: "Lord Isildur" <mrfusion@uranium.vaxpower.org>

> on this note, i seem to have had one of my very small stash of CMD scsi
> cards die recently; a CQD223 just stopped responding. The LED still
> comes on saying its ok, but nothing on the serial line, and it doesnt
> show up from the chevron either. has anyone had this happen ever? is my
> card toast?
> i wish it happened to something relatively uselss like an RQDX3 of which i
> have three or four spares.. hehe

I had a similar failure, if perhaps not so complete. After some period of
operation
(10 minutes to a couple of hours) the card would stop responding completely.
Resetting and cycling power usually did nothing. After a couple of hours it
would function again. I tried most combinations of heat and cold and even
looked at voltage levels and nothing but time would seem to wake it back up.

> isildur

-chuck