Subject: Re: VAXstation 4000 90A TurboChannel Video Support
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/24/2003 19:24:15
> I don't believe there's any hope of getting an X server running on
> the SPX hardware any time soon, simply for the lack of technical
> documentation available on the SPX hardware.  There's probably some
> hope of getting X running on the mono framebuffers which are built
> into the VAXstation 3100s, but that's been pending for... well a
> couple of years now.

Well, I've got a moderately good track record at getting X ports
working, and I have a MicroVAX 3100-80.  Does that have the same
framebuffer as the VAXstation 3100 you refer to?

If so, what does it need as monitor?  Is it idiosyncratic, or is it
something that can be cobbled up to work with a Sun or peecee monitor?

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign