Subject: Re: from bad to worse....
To: Brian Chase <vaxzilla@jarai.org>
From: Chris Wareham <chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/15/2003 16:13:46
Brian Chase wrote:

> If there's anything worse that being bitten by a damaging and unpleasant
> "gottcha", it's being bitten by one that's been known about and
> understood for months.  And if there's anything worse than that, it
> would probably be getting preached to that the licensing terms make no
> warranties about the software not being evil.

It was his incorrect assumption that a similar problem caused by
commercial software would be grounds for litigation. I assume it was
correct to infer "commercial software" when the original poster referred
to "PeeCee sodtware". However, I agree (stated such in my reply to the
original poster) that the nvram corruption should have been flagged in
the relevant install docs.

Chris
--
chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk (work)