Subject: RE: from bad to worse....
To: 'Baby Peanut' <baby_p_nut@yahoo.com>
From: Antonio Carlini <arcarlini@iee.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/15/2003 00:16:17
> Seems there is software on this planet which can fix this
> problem. The question is how to get a copy.

There are firmware updates available for most of
the MicroVAXes and VAXstations and large VAXes which
incorporate flash memory. The VAX 7000 updates are
freely available from DEC/COMPAQ/HP (pick the nom-du-jour).
The rest are not. I asked about getting the others (and
ROM images for the older ones) on the Freeware CD. That's
obviously not happened yet and may never happen. Odd,
since (AFAIK) *all* the Alpha firmware updates are on the
Alpha Firmware CD and on the Web.

Of the last two people posting that they had this problem,
one is the one you quoted, and he worked on a site paying
for DEC support and was able to get his machine upgraded
with the latest and greatest. The other person had his problem
reportedly fixed "off-list" IIRC.

Do you actually have a problem (I've not followed the thread
too closely)?

Antonio

--

Antonio Carlini             arcarlini@iee.org